top of page

Brilliant Bedford breeze past Didcot - Bedford Town 4-0 Didcot Town

Bedford Town faced Didcot Town in a windy, cold afternoon at The Eyrie. Bedford have been immense lately and are currently top of the league just ahead of 2nd placed Berkhamsted. Didcot Town started the day in 10th hoping to grab a shock result off of the Eagles.

Bedford started extremely well and were rewarded for their efforts within 5 minutes. Connor Tomlinson scored a cracking header after a perfect ball in to Connor Tomlinson who headed it past the Didcot goalkeeper giving Bedford Town an early lead. The pressure continued and it was constant. It wasn't long until it was 2-0. Callum Donnelly scored from close range after some more brilliant work from Connor Tomlinson who flicked it over the Didcot defender he then squared it to Donnelly who tapped it into an empty net. Bedford kept going at it but it remained 2-0 until just before half time where they got a third. Danny Setchell scored the third after another assist from Connor Tomlinson who laid it off to Danny Setchell who curled it into the top left corner to give the Eagles a 3 goal cushion going into the next 45 minutes. The home fans were in full voice really getting behind their team and pushing them to 3 points. The second half began but it was heavily affected by the wind. They kept the pressure up and Connor Tomlinson should have at least had another two goals but he was denied due to some great saves. Rene Howe made a great run inside the box and was hacked down by a Didcot defender to win a penalty. Rene Howe took and scored after he rolled the ball into the bottom corner to make it 4-0. This was it for the game as Bedford continued their title charge.

Bedford remain top of the league but go further ahead of Berkhamsted after a last minute Barton Rovers equaliser pegged Berkhamsted back further. Rene Howe also scored yet another goal to add another to his big tally.

Photo Courtesy of Zac Neal

127 views0 comments


Post: Blog2 Post
bottom of page